Making your medical practice as welcoming as possible seems like common sense, but many practices believe they don’t have the time or staff available to make this a priority. We have some simple, practical tips that you can use now to warm up your practice:
- Make your waiting room more homey and less clinical-looking with accent furniture (lamps and occasional tables and chairs) from a home decor store. You don’t have to spend a lot of money – simple changes will make a big impact. A home-like setting will ease patients during their wait.
- Consider a separate room with comfortable chairs for cell phone use.
- Keep 10 or more umbrellas in a stand for patients to use during inclement weather.
- Regularly discard old magazines and replace with new ones weekly.
- Consider providing free WiFi so patients can work or just browse the internet while waiting.
- Install ceiling-mounted speakers with soft music for a more relaxing atmosphere.
- Make instant coffee and soft drinks available at all times.
- Contract or barter with a local florist for weekly delivery of fresh flowers for your waiting room.
Look for more tips in our next post!